Charitable Games - How to Apply for a License
To apply online, download the PDF of the appropriate application. Applications can also be requested by telephone or by visiting our office. Complete and return the application along with:
- Check or money order for the license fee.
- Proof of ownership of prizes or surety bond for an amount 15% above the total value of all prizes.
- Copy of IRS Tax Exempt notice OR DC Finance & Revenue Tax Exempt notice.*
- Certificate of Good-Standing from DC Consumer & Regulatory Affairs.*
- Sample of tickets to be printed.
- See the application for other required attachments.
Failure to submit your charitable games application 30 days prior to the event will result in automatic denial of the application.
Applications for Download
*If you have questions regarding these forms, please contact the appropriate District or Federal government department.
DC Office of Tax and Revenue Customer Service: (202) 727-4829
DC Consumer and Regulatory Affairs: (202) 442-4432
Mail or hand deliver a complete package to:
Office of Lottery and Gaming
Charitable Games Division
2235 Shannon Place, SE
Washington, DC 20020
Most computers will open PDF documents automatically, but you may need to download Adobe Reader.