Charitable Games Rules & Regulations
The only official version of Title 30 of the District of Columbia Municipal Regulations (DCMR) is certified and published by the District of Columbia Office of Documents and Administrative Issuances. Title 30 or any portion thereof, as presented on this website, is an unofficial version, and your use of its content is for informational purposes only. It may not incorporate the most recent amendments adopted by the District of Columbia. These documents should not be relied upon as the definitive authority for lottery regulations.
Additionally, the formatting and pagination of the posted documents varies from the formatting and pagination of the official print edition. You should consult the official print edition of Title 30 prior to citing any provisions of the regulations as a reference. For further information regarding the official version of Title 30 of the DCMR, contact the District of Columbia Office of Documents and Administrative Issuances at (202) 727-5090. You may also contact the Office of Lottery and Gaming at (202) 645-8026.
How to Qualify for a License
- Be organized as a nonprofit group.
- Be incorporated in the District of Columbia as a nonprofit.
- Have 20 active members (10 if senior citizen's group).
- Be authorized by its Constitution, Charter, Articles of Incorporation or By-Laws to further a lawful purpose in the District of Columbia.
- Operate without profit to its members.
- Have been in existence not less than one year preceding license application date.
- Be incorporated in Maryland or Virginia as a nonprofit group, meet licensing requirements of respective jurisdiction and guarantee that 30% or more of net proceeds are contributed to eligible District of Columbia organizations or programs. (FOR RAFFLES ONLY)
Most computers will open PDF documents automatically, but you may need to download Adobe Reader.