DC Lottery Prize Center to Reopen for Appointment-Only Claims
Players can claim prizes up to $600 at any licensed retailer, up to $5,000 at Retailer Plus locations or mail prize claims to Lottery HQ
Effective Monday, July 6, the DC Office of Lottery and Gaming (DC Lottery) will reopen its Prize Center to the public, by appointment only, for prize claims $5,000 or larger. The Prize Center is located on the ground level of 2235 Shannon Place, SE.
Players should redeem winning tickets up to $600 at any DC Lottery retailer and prizes up to $5,000 at the DC Lottery’s Retailer Plus locations throughout the city.
No walk-ins will be allowed at the DC Lottery Prize Center. Appointments are required and can be scheduled by calling 202-645-8000.
Here are details of the DC Lottery’s appointment-only claims process:
- Winning ticket(s) must be a $5,000 prize or larger.
- Prize Center hours are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Claimants must bring two forms of identification with them to their Prize Center appointment: a valid government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, state-issued ID or passport) and a Social Security card. The claimant’s name (first and last name, middle initial or name, Jr., etc.) must match exactly on both of the identification documents, or the DC Lottery will be unable to process the ticket.
- Appointments will be scheduled 60 minutes apart.
- Claimants are asked to arrive no more than 5 minutes before their scheduled appointment. Anyone arriving more than 5 minutes before their appointment time, will be asked to wait outside the building. Anyone who is more than 10 minutes late to their appointment will have to reschedule for another time.
- Parking at 2235 Shannon Place, SE is limited. Claimants should plan their arrival time accordingly.
- All visitors will be required to wear a mask upon entering the building at 2235 Shannon Place, SE. Claimants will not be allowed into the Prize Center unless they are wearing a mask or face covering.
- Only the individual who is claiming a prize will be permitted to enter the Prize Center. However, claimants who require physical assistance or a guardian will be permitted to bring one person with them.
- Anyone who has registered a fever in the last 14 days or who has been in close proximity to anyone who tested positive for COVID-19 must schedule their prize claim appointment for a later date or should mail in their prize claim.
- Players who do not wish to make an appointment may claim by mail. To claim a ticket by mail, players should sign and fill out the information on the back of the ticket, complete a DC Lottery claim form and send it in with the original winning ticket to:
DC Lottery Prize Center
2235 Shannon Place, SE
Washington, DC 20020