Sports Betting Retailers
GambetDC is a new betting experience powered by the DC Lottery that makes betting on sporting events just as easy as watching them. Players can bet on major sports worldwide online while in the District. Soon they’ll be able to place bets at retail locations, too.
GambetDC, powered by DC Lottery, is the District’s go-to sports betting app. Players can get in on the action—live, in-game bets, parlays, straight bets, and more—all from the palm of their hand.
Now, we’re taking the fun of online sports betting and bringing it into retail locations like yours! The sports betting market is booming in the District; this is your chance to get in on the action and help your city in the process. Becoming a Sports Betting Retailer will help generate revenue for your business through commissions, increased foot traffic, and an experience that will add to the excitement in your business on gameday.
So, what’s in it for you? Quite a lot!
- A 5% commission on all sales of Lottery products and a 1% commission on cashing of Lottery products.
- Increased traffic flow and competitive advantage to attract more patrons.
- State-of-the-art equipment with all training and supplies provided at no cost.
- Marketing assistance provided through your Lottery Sales Representative.
- Winning bets means more cash in customer’s hands to spend at your business.
- Technical support provided seven days a week, 363 days a year.
- Reliable and routine maintenance of equipment and delivery of supplies.
- FREE installation of Lottery and communication equipment.
- FREE advertising support, including attractive point-of-sale materials identifying you as a DC Lottery Sports Betting Retailer.
- FREE training for all of your employees.
If you are interested in becoming a DC Lottery Retailer Sport Betting location, please complete the contact form at the bottom of this page and we will get back to you within 72 hours.
- Complete the DC Lottery application in its entirety. All owners, officers, partners, and/or governors must be listed on the application and must complete and sign the OLG Corporate Data Supplemental form.
- Provide a copy of the business establishment's Basic Business License.
- Provide a copy of the business establishment Certificate of Occupancy.
- Provide a copy of your Clean Hands Certificate
- Copy of Federal Tax Employment Identification Notice (CP575 or 147C)
- Copy of Government issued photo Identification for all owners.
- Completed IRS W-9 Form (Business organizations and individual owner(s))
- Completed Auto Pay Agreement (Account information and voided check)
For Sports Lottery Retailer (GambetDC) Applicants ONLY: *
- Provide a completed OLG Security Plan Submission Form and Security Plan
- Provide a $5,000 Application Fee (cashier's check, money order, or cash wire)
*GambetDC sports lottery licenses are good for two years and are non-refundable and non-transferable
In order to evaluate your establishment for a DC Lottery License, the OLG will complete the following items:For all All Applicants:
- Conduct and document an ADA site assessment
- Create an establishment site plan showing where terminals/kiosks will be located
- Provide new retailer training
- Submit an equipment installation request to be completed by service technicians
For Sports Lottery Retailer Applicants:
- Conduct a Security Plan verification to include a site visit to verify security system
- Verify ABRA Endorsement for those that are required to obtain one.
- Verify that the establishment is not located within the area covered by the Shiptead-Luce Act or within any Class A Operator’s two block exclusionary zone.
Applications will not be accepted if all supporting documents are not provided. If the applicant is a change of ownership, he/she must contact the Licensing Department immediately (202) 645-8071.
What is GambetDC?
GambetDC is Washington, DC’s world class sports betting platform. It is a new betting experience in the District that makes live betting and wagering on sporting events just as easy as watching them. Bet with friends, have fun, game responsibly, and join a community of winners on the app, website, or at a DC Lottery Retailer Sports Betting location. Bet on the home team, any sport, or any game around the globe. Whenever and wherever there is a sports competition, GambetDC is at your fingertips. It’s easy, it’s secure, and it’s fun.
Unlike any other sports betting offering in the District, GambetDC is powered by the DC Lottery—the Lottery you’ve known and trusted since 1982. Like DC Lottery’s traditional lottery games, net revenues generated from GambetDC are returned to the District’s General Fund to directly benefit the residents and the economic vitality of the District of Columbia—that’s a win-win!
What is the status of sports betting in DC?
Sports wagering is legal in Washington, D.C. Act 22-594, the Sports Wagering Lottery Amendment Act of 2018, as amended by Act 23-2, was signed into law on January 23, 2019, and transmitted to the U.S. Congress for review on February 7, 2019. This legislation cleared congressional review and became law on May 3, 2019. The Office of Lottery and Gaming (OLG) adopted rules and regulations on August 30, 2019 and opened the licensing process in early December 2019.
How much does it cost to become a DC Lottery Sport Betting Retailer?
A Lottery-Operated Sports Wagering License shall be issued for a two (2)-year period and require a non-refundable application fee of five thousand dollars ($5,000).
Lottery-Operated Sports Wagering License may be renewed for a two (2)-year period, provided that the Licensee has continued to comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements and pays upon submission of a renewal application a five-thousand-dollar ($5,000) renewal fee.
Can my business sell only DC Lottery products and nothing else?
How long does it take to become a DC Lottery Retailer?
If I no longer want to sell DC Lottery products, what should I do?
What should I do if I need to temporarily deactivate my DC Lottery equipment?
Does my DC Lottery Sports Betting License expire?
Retailers are required to complete and submit a renewal application every two (2) years.
Do I have to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to become a DC Lottery Retailer?
The DC Lottery cannot advise Retailers with regard to accessibility requirements other than those required by the DC Lottery’s Retailer Accessibility Program (RAP).
Compliance with the RAP does not guarantee that a retail location complies with other accessibility standards required by federal or state law.
Want to be a DC Lottery Retailer?
If you are interested in becoming a DC Lottery Retailer Sport Betting location, please complete the contact form and we will get back to you within 72 hours.