Become a Lottery Retailer: Checklist
All new applicants must do the following in order to be considered to become a DC Lottery Retailer:
- Complete the DC Lottery application in its entirety. All owners, officers, partners, and/or governors must be listed on the application and must complete and sign the OLG Corporate Data Supplemental form.
- Provide a copy of the business establishment Basic Business License.
- Provide a copy of the business establishment Certificate of Occupancy.
- Provide a copy of your Clean Hands Certificate
- Copy of Federal Tax Employment Identification Notice (CP575 or 147C)
- Copy of Government issued photo Identification for all owners.
- Completed IRS W-9 Form (Business organizations and individual owner(s))
- Completed Auto Pay Agreement (Account information and voided check)
For Sports Lottery Retailer (GambetDC) Applicants ONLY: *
- Provide a completed OLG Security Plan Submission Form and Security Plan
- Provide a $5,000 Application Fee (cashier's check, money order, or cash wire)
*GambetDC sports lottery licenses are good for two years and are non-refundable and non-transferrable
In order to evaluate your establishment for a DC Lottery License the OLG will complete the following items:For all All Applicants:
- Conduct and document an ADA site assessment
- Create an establishment site plan showing where terminals/kiosks will be located
- Provide new retailer training
- Submit an equipment installation request to be completed by service technicians
For Sports Lottery Retailer Applicants:
- Conduct a Security Plan verification to include a site visit to verify security system
- Verify ABRA Endorsement for those that are required to obtain one.
- Verify that the establishment is not located within the area covered by the Shiptead-Luce Act or within any Class A Operator’s two block exclusionary zone.
Applications will not be accepted if all supporting documents are not provided. If the applicant is a change of ownership, he/she must contact the Licensing Department immediately (202) 645-8071.
Ready to apply?