Be an educated player - know how to play.
- Fill out a playslip to ensure the accuracy of the draw game ticket you want to purchase.
- Verify the accuracy of your draw game ticket and/or winnings before leaving the retailer's premises - it is the player's responsibility to ensure the accuracy of the ticket.
- Players should inspect their instant tickets to make sure the latex covering on the play area is intact. Players should not accept a ticket if any part of the latex has been removed.
- Only buy lottery tickets from authorized DC Lottery retailers. If you are approached by someone offering a "winning ticket" for cash, refuse the offer and contact Lottery Security immediately.
Redeeming winning tickets
- All prizes up to and including $600 may be claimed at any DC Lottery retailer.
- Tickets can be validated only once. If you have your ticket validated at one location, it will not scan correctly at a different location.
- It's a good idea to ask for a validation receipt when redeeming a winning ticket. The receipt will verify the amount of your winnings.
How to care for your ticket
- DO store your ticket in a safe place until you are ready to redeem it.
- DO NOT expose your ticket to extreme sunlight or heat including from irons, dryers or windowpanes.
- DO NOT submerge your ticket underwater. Water will affect a ticket if it is submerged for a prolonged period of time.
- DO NOT store ticket in the freezer.
- Remember that an exchange ticket must be printed and given to you when you redeem a multi-draw ticket with remaining draws. Retailers keep and deface all original winning tickets.
- Notify the DC Lottery immediately if you think your ticket has been mishandled. Call (202) 645- 8000.
- Never hand a lottery ticket to anyone without knowing how much it's worth. (If you have to give a ticket to anyone to assess its value or collect winnings, sign and print your name on the ticket first and always keep your ticket in view.)
- Enjoy playing our games and please remember to play responsibly - it's all about fun!