Mega Millions is America's biggest jackpot game with jackpots starting at $15 million and other prizes ranging from $2 to $1,000,000! Add Megaplier for an opportunity to multiply prizes of $2 to $1,000,000 by 2, 3, 4, or 5.
Game InformationHow To Play
How To Play Mega Millions
- Visit any D.C. Lottery agent throughout the District and pick up a Mega Millions® bet slip.
- Choose your own numbers on the bet slip. Select five numbers from 1 through 75, then select one Mega Ball® number from 1 though 15.
- Or, let the computer choose your numbers with the Quick Pick option.
- Each Mega Millions® wager costs $1.00.
- Play up to five wagers on one bet slip.
- Purchase your Mega Millions® tickets in advance for 1,2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18, and 20 consecutive draws.
- You must purchase your Mega Millions® ticket by 10:45 p.m. EST on the day of the drawing.
- Check your tickets carefully. Mega Millions® tickets cannot be canceled.
- Multiplies prizes of $3 to $1,000,000 by 2, 3, 4, or 5!
- Megaplier costs an additional $1 for each $1 bet.
- At the end of each Mega Millions® drawing, a Megaplier number between 2 and 5 is randomly selected.
- If you win a Mega Millions® prize, your winnings will be multiplied by the Megaplier® number selected.
- To play Megaplier®, mark YES on the Mega Millions® bet slip or ask your agent for Megaplier®. Megaplier® applies to all boards on the bet slip.
- Jackpot winners can decide how they want to receive their prize.
- Cash Option: You can select to receive your Mega Millions® jackpot prize in one payment. The cash option pays approximately one half of the Jackpot share (minus withholding tax).
- Annuity Option: You can select to receive your Mega Millions® jackpot in 26 annual payments when the prize is claimed, or within 60 days of entitlement to the prize.