Mega Millions is an exciting jackpot game with jackpots starting at $40 million! Other jackpot prizes range from $2 to $1,000,000! Add Megaplier for an opportunity to multiply prizes of $1 to $1,000,000 by 2, 3, 4, or 5 times! Each Mega Millions wager costs $2.00 and Megaplier costs an additional $1 for each $2 bet.
Just the Jackpot
Play the Just the Jackpot wager type. At a price of $3, the player will receive two entries for a chance to win the jackpot only. Just the Jackpot tickets will not be eligible for any other prize levels.
Game InformationHow To Play
How to Play and Win Mega Millions, Beginning Oct. 28, 2017:
- Select five numbers from 1 to 70, and one Mega Ball from 1 to 25. Or select the “Quick Pick” option, and the computer will randomly pick your numbers.
- Players win by matching one of the nine Ways to win. The jackpot (won by matching all five white balls in any order and the Mega Ball) is either an annuitized prize paid out as one immediate payment followed by 29 annual payments or a lump sum payment. Each ticket costs $2. If the winner chooses the annuity, the annual payment will be increased each year by the percentage set out in the Mega Millions game rules.
- Visit any DC Lottery agent throughout the District and pick up a Mega Millions bet slip.
- You must purchase your Mega Millions ticket by 10:45 p.m. EST on the day of the drawing.
- Check your tickets carefully. Mega Millions tickets cannot be canceled.
- Multiplies prizes of $1 to $1,000,000 by 2, 3, 4, or 5 times!
- Megaplier costs an additional $1 for each $1 bet.
- At the end of each Mega Millions drawing, a Megaplier number between two and five is randomly selected.
- If you win a Mega Millions prize, your winnings will be multiplied by the Megaplier number selected.
- To play Megaplier, mark YES on the Mega Millions bet slip or ask your agent for Megaplier. Megaplier applies to all boards on the bet slip.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is the Mega Millions game changing?
Responding to players’ requests for larger, faster growing
jackpots—effective October 28, 2017—Mega Millions
jackpots will start at $40 million, more than double the former starting jackpot of $15 million.
How much does it cost to play the new Mega Millions game?
Effective October 28, 2017, Mega Millions will cost $2 for a single play ticket. With “Just the Jackpot” wagers, players receive two plays for $3.
What are the odds of winning a prize?
Based on a single play, the overall odds of winning a Mega Millions prize are 1 in 24. The game enrichment offers substantially improved odds to win a $1 million prize. The lowest prize
level for matching just the Mega Ball has been increased from $1 to $2.
Where can I play Mega Millions?
Tickets for DC Mega Millions can be purchased at any DC Lottery retailer location. Nationally, Mega Millions can be played in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, U.S. Virgin Islands, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
When are Mega Millions drawings?
drawings are held on Tuesdays and Fridays at 11 pm. Players have until 10:45 pm Eastern Time to purchase their DC Lottery Mega Millions tickets.
Does the enhanced Mega Millions game have any new features?
Yes! Effective October 28, 2017, players will be able to play a new type of wager--“Just the Jackpot.” The player receives two plays for $3. This exciting new wager allows players to play specifically for the jackpot and the jackpot alone.
Where can I cash my Mega Millions ticket?
Depending on the prize amount, you can cash your DC Lottery Mega Millions ticket at a DC Lottery retailer or the DC Lottery’s Prize Center located at 2235 Shannon Place, SE. Winning tickets must be redeemed in the jurisdiction purchased.
Where can I find the winning numbers?
Mega Millions winning numbers posted are posted on dclottery.com. Winning numbers can also be found at megamillions.com. Players can also find winning numbers on our social media platforms, the DC Lottery app, as well as the option of having winning numbers texted directly to you.
- Jackpot winners can decide how they want to receive their prize.
- Cash Option: You can select to receive your Mega Millions jackpot prize in one payment. The cash option pays approximately one half of the jackpot share (minus withholding tax).
- Annuity Option: You can select to receive your Mega Millions jackpot in 26 annual payments when the prize is claimed or within sixty days of entitlement to the prize.