Mega Millions is America's largest jackpot game with jackpots starting at $15 million! Other jackpot prizes range from $2 to $1,000,000! Add Megaplier for an opportunity to multiply prizes of $2 to $1,000,000 by 2, 3, 4, or 5 times!
Game InformationHow To Play
How To Play Mega Millions®
- Visit any DC Lottery agent throughout the District and pick up a Mega Millions bet slip.
- Choose your own numbers on the bet slip. Select five numbers from one to seventy-five, then select one Mega Ball number from one to fifteen.
- Use the Quick Pick option to let the computer randomly choose your numbers.
- Each Mega Millions wager costs $1.00.
- Play up to five wagers on one bet slip.
- Purchase your Mega Millions tickets in advance for 1,2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18, and 20 consecutive draws.
- You must purchase your Mega Millions ticket by 10:45 p.m. EST on the day of the drawing.
- Check your tickets carefully. Mega Millions tickets cannot be canceled.
- Multiplies prizes of $3 to $1,000,000 by 2, 3, 4, or 5 times!
- Megaplier costs an additional $1 for each $1 bet.
- At the end of each Mega Millions drawing, a Megaplier number between two and five is randomly selected.
- If you win a Mega Millions prize, your winnings will be multiplied by the Megaplier number selected.
- To play Megaplier, mark YES on the Mega Millions bet slip or ask your agent for Megaplier. Megaplier applies to all boards on the bet slip.
- Jackpot winners can decide how they want to receive their prize.
- Cash Option: You can select to receive your Mega Millions jackpot prize in one payment. The cash option pays approximately one half of the jackpot share (minus withholding tax).
- Annuity Option: You can select to receive your Mega Millions jackpot in 26 annual payments when the prize is claimed or within sixty days of entitlement to the prize.